Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Past Weekend's Events

This weekend was pretty eventful starting off Thursday and a surprise yesterday...

Thursday we went down to Chicago to see The Tosh Tour Twenty Twelve. It was probably the funniest shows I have ever been to and would highly recommend anyone who likes Daniel Tosh to see him live. Prior to the show we had dinner at Elephant & Castle, a pub style restaurant where we have been before and is close to the Chicago Theater. Afterwards we had some time to kill so we ventured over to a cute little cafe called Toni Patisserie & Cafe near Millennium Park. So cute. Imported French and Belgium ingredients and everything made in house. I partook in a brownie and a giant mug of hot tea, Ed had his go to, a double shot of espresso. I wanted to try everything there, I will definitely have to go back sometime.
Giant Mug
Tiny Espesso
I think I'm going to skip Friday...I got home from work, had dinner and then passed out around 6:30. I'm not embarrassed to say that I slept all through the night until 5 am, then back to bed for another 2 hours after taking care of the dog. Obviously I needed some sleep!

Saturday night Ed and I went out for a nice date night. We headed over to Pinstripes for some appetizers and drinks. Delicious! We had a bottle of wine, spinach artichoke dip, sirloin sliders and some sort of grilled shrimp. We did leave full and a little tipsy, but it was well worth it! 


Sunday was Family day...not picture worthy I guess. It was Ed's brother's 21st birthday party shared with his Dad's birthday as well. Good food and conversation, then off to my Family's house for dinner. Yum. We also went to target for some much needed items including, of course a new toy for Charlie. I think he liked it.


Now... I got home last night to a Husband that had gotten home early. He told me he traded in his car. That story may have to be told another time. So then he says "well I got you something". Why? To soften the blow of you being slightly idiotic? What was it you ask? 2 of the Tiffany Bracelets I had asked for for our anniversary (which is May 14th). He was going to wait for our actual anniversary to give them to me...of course...but he does have an issue with keeping secrets or surprises, so even if he hadn't done something stupid, he probably would have given them to me sooner anyway. He's so thoughtful. I love him so much and wouldn't trade him for the world.




No comments:

Post a Comment